- January 25, 2008 – Syracuse Daily Orange
Swimming and Diving: Orange Ecstatic after Program’s Stay of Execution.
- January 16, 2008 – Syracuse Daily Orange
School Announcement that the Swim/Dive program, previously announced to be eliminated at the end of the current season, will be extended three additional years
- January 15, 2008 – Swimming World Magazine
Stay of Execution: Syracuse Swimming To Be Phased Out Instead of Cut Immediately
- Dec 5, 2007 – Swimming World Magazine
Swimmings Big Names Weigh in on Syracuse Swimming Cuts.
- Oct 24, 2007 – Statement from Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers
Gale Sayers, former Athletic Director of Southern Illinois University, makes a statement in support of College Swimming. Encourages the Syracuse Athletic Department to play their role in supporting the sport of swimming.
- Sep 25, 2007 – Syracuse Post-Standard
SU Swim Makes its Case — they gain support from the Student Association to save swimming and diving.
- Sep 25, 2007 – Syracuse Daily Orange
Student Association in support of effort to Reverse Swim/Dive Decision
- Sep 19, 2007 – Blog: Syracuse.com, Bud Poliquin
“He’d like to toss Gross into the deep end of the pool” – Comments releated to CSCAA Director’s National News Release, Post a Comment!
- Sep 17, 2007 – National News Release
Executive Director of College Swim Coaches of America calls for the Resignation of Syracuse Athletic Director Daryl Gross.
- Sep 16, 2007 – Syracuse Daily Orange
Letter to the Syracuse Daily Orange from Kirk Stevens – Syracuse Swimming class of 1978
- August 12, 2007 – Syracuse Post-Standard
Syracuse Swimmer Peter Gollands Makes a Pitch to Save the Syracuse Swimming and Diving program from being cut.
- July 17, 2007 – Swimming World Magazine
Harold Auer, Class on 1950 – Appeal to Syracuse to re-consider their decision
- June 16, 2007 – About.com – Mat Leubbers
Save the Syracuse Swimming and Diving program
- June 12, 2007 – Swimming World Magazine
Responses Coming into SwimmingWorldMagazine.com About Syracuse Swimming Cuts
- June 1, 2007 – Syracuse Daily Orange
Announcement that Syracuse will replace Men’s and Women’s Swimming with Women’s Hockey
- May 31, 2007 – Syracuse Post-Standard
First Syracuse announcement that after the 2007-08 academic year, Syracuse Men’s and Women’s Swim teams will be replaced by a Women’s Hockey team.
- May 31, 2007 – Swimming World Magazine
News flash from Swimming World about Syracuse’s announcement to eliminate their Swimming and Diving program that has nearly a 90 year tradition
- May 23, 2007 – Syracuse Daily Orange
For twelve years running, the Syracuse swim program that is being eliminated achieves All-Academic status. Syracuse swimmers have a tradition of consistently being among highest academic achieving school teams
- January 9, 2007 – College Hockey News
Article describes early indicators that Syracuse administration, led by Henry Wildhack, a long time hockey proponent, is predisposed to bring in Women’s hockey.